Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from investors, to partners, from suppliers to stakeholders, and even the individual recycler who is making a difference with their actions and contributing to the generational shift we are making our future generations.
We collect information in two ways:
– Information you give us. For example, you may sign up for our newsletter, or opt in for our email list. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number. If you want to take advantage of our automation for investing, we might also ask you for information that allows us to discern if you are a “qualified” investor or not.
– Information we get from your relationship and interaction with our partners, suppliers and stakeholders. We may collect information about you relevant to how our partners, suppliers and stakeholders wish to interact with us. When this happens, we are relying on the respective privacy and information gathering and use policies of the source organization. We may also collect information such as:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
– Details of how you used our service.
– If appropriate and supported, telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
– Internet protocol address.-device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
– Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
– If available, location information
When you use a location-enabled device, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on our servers or ‘in the cloud’ using commercially available cloud storage servers. This means we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We will use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Peter J Holgate site, and this will include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Peter J Holgate and our stakeholders.
When you contact Peter J Holgate, we may keep a record of your communication. We may use your email address to inform you about our news, our interests, or our opportunities, such as letting you know about upcoming operational expansion or improvement. You agree by communicating with us that you are opting in to our communications to you and that our communications thereafter are deemed compliant with CASL and any other applicable rules, regulations and laws.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Peter J Holgate unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Peter J Holgate when we have your consent to do so. In such cases, we require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Peter J Holgate if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
– Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
– Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
– Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Peter J Holgate, our stakeholders or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners.
We work hard to protect Peter J Holgate and our stakeholders from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We often rely on the encryption available via SSL.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to Peter J Holgate employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities